casual thoughts and reflections upon life and the Creator whose idea it was in the first place

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Credal confession

Matt Patterson writes...

I believe in God,
Three in one
Father, Son, Spirit
Paradox
Mystery
Elemental

I believe in a God of justice,
Compassion, mercy, hope
And first, a God of love
Love personified, incarnated

I believe in God,
the Mother of Creation
God, the father of humanity
God, the lover of us all

I believe we are called:
To activity out of passivity and apathy,
By the Son of God, through his actions
Calling down through history,
Borne on the wings of the Spirit

I believe we are called:
To community, with each other
Through Christ the thread
Weaving us all together

I believe that God plays no favourites
Pulls no punches
Leaves no stone unturned

I believe that life is hard
I believe that life is beautiful
So, I believe, does God.


...incidentally, so do I.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris H said...

I'm not sure...





...only joking.

1:48 AM

 
Blogger Eleanor Burne-Jones said...

Great quote, where did you find it?
Pax et bonum

10:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home