casual thoughts and reflections upon life and the Creator whose idea it was in the first place

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I've had the 'call'!

We’ve always said that we’d be open to modelling a ‘tent-making’ ministry within Officership should the opportunity arise, but I never imagined it would involve me playing football!

But there it is – the mighty Clapton United of the Rymans League have literally come calling!


It seems bizarre that the last time I played regularly for a team I was paying £5 subs to play and now folk will be paying 5 quid to watch me play – I reckon I’d be wanting some change!

Still FA Cup here I come?!

(I wonder how ‘professional’ semi-pro clubs are?)

1 Comments:

Blogger The Smiths said...

I'm impressed - maybe you'll be playing the shrimpers in the 3rd round of the cup next year! (Hopefully we won't need to be involved in the 1st 2 rounds!)

4:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home