casual thoughts and reflections upon life and the Creator whose idea it was in the first place

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Dangerous reading...

I've just started reading Ewan McGregor's account of his 20,000 mile motorcycled journey around the world 'Long Way Round'. It's dangerous because Lisa is convinced that it is not the kind of book I should be reading. Apparently I don't need any encouragement to 'fly-off and travel the world'!

Admittedly I have already chatted with friends about similar 'epic' journeys that could be journeyed, while my brother and I have started talking about a US road trip. But then, what's so good about the prospect of the open-road, unknown adventures and the realisation of dreams?!

I guess it depeneds how you're wired.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

Traveling!

Go for it!

1:47 AM

 
Blogger Johnny said...

it's a great read - DVD's good too. I once sat & watched each & every hour-long episode in a row when I was off work feeling under the weather.

4:53 AM

 
Blogger Charlie Chikankata said...

I used to get mistaken for both you guys in Chelmsford all the time(although I was more happy when I was mistaken for Simon - he's a bit more macho) I reckon I could pass for a Hanover brother. I'd up for the US road trip too, if you were inviting other tall people and could go Summer 2008.

Charles

8:29 AM

 
Blogger The Smiths said...

Read the book last year and watched the DVD with Tania too.

I reckon you should reform the Bareges 4 for another long road trip

ps - don't forget the snow chains!
pps - low gear high revs?
ppps - There you go!

9:15 AM

 
Blogger nick said...

It would appear we're looking a t a road trip for 10!

What with Bareges 4 (if they can be freed once more?!), the 'Weeman', Tom, Chris and Mick (wives permitting of course!), Thomas and John, we're either looking at a flock of Harleys or a Minibus.

Harleys are so cliche so perhaps the Ford Transit would provide an unusually unorthodox alternative?!

Eat your heart out McGregor!

ps. Garry - we ain't going anywhere cold!!

2:00 PM

 
Blogger Johnny said...

I guess you know that there's a precedent for Pastors on Harleys. Wayne Cordeiro of the wonderful New Hope Christian Fellowship (http://www.enewhope.org) in Hawaii rides, Pastor Phil Dooley, Youth Pastor at Hillsong Church in Sydney and I've seen a great pic of Matt Fry of C3 Church in North Carolina on a Harley (http://www.mattfry.com)

2:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home