casual thoughts and reflections upon life and the Creator whose idea it was in the first place

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Better late than never?

Fashionable or not, I've recently felt like I've arrived rather late for a number of 'parties':

1. Ebay - obviously I've been aware of it over the last couple of years(!) but I've only just started to 'interact'! Which isn't completely without peril, I mean any site with this much Lego is a dangerous thing for an overgrown 8 year old!

2. The work of Rufus Wainwright. I guess someone Elton John describes as the 'best songwriter in the world' is hardly a 'find', but until a friend recently introduced me to him I was none the wiser. Last week I bought his latest album 'Release the Stars', I use the word advisedly, but it's fantastic - pure class. Buy it and hear it, no, experience it for yourself!

3. Peep Show - A show with 3 series behind it is not exactly a breaking story, but a hastily purchased DVD box set is addressing our tardy appreciation. Bizarrely Peep Show is proving rather enriching for married life because while it's not unusual that Lisa and I laugh at the same stuff, it is pretty rare that we do so with the same enthusiasm! (Are we alone here?) So the fact that Lisa insists that I 'pause it' when she leaves the room is uncommonly new territory! It would appear that we love it in equal measure - rare indeed! Admittedly I think Lisa hates the fact that she like it, but a reluctantly shared passion is a shared passion nonetheless!

NB: one party I'm not looking to attend anytime soon, no matter how many 'friends' invite me.... is Super Malt - an acquired taste I have no inclination to acquire! (if you're not sure what it is I wouldn't worry!)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home