casual thoughts and reflections upon life and the Creator whose idea it was in the first place

Sunday, August 20, 2006

A 'man who can'?

Yesterday, as a family, we did one of my favourite things to do in London - we went for a walk along the South Bank.

On of the many benefits of living in Stratford-on-Thames are the great transport links, which include the Jubliee Line - the only undergroung line that is completely accessible to wheelchair/buggy users (a shocking fact in itself, but we'll take what we can get!).

Anyway, because of the relative ease of getting there we often head into 'town' to meander along the banks of the Thames. With some good book shops, plenty of places to stop off for a coffee (and some banoffee pie etc!) and loads of people (I am a bit of a people watcher!) it's a great way to kill an hour or two.

And yesterday, for me, the vast array of people we shared the walk with served as a reminder of how large, exciting and diverse the world God has created for us to enjoy really is. It got me thinking and prompted me to recognise that there is, and always will be, room for 'my world' to grow.


So as we walked I fashioned a new resolve to 'enlarge my territory'. I don't want to be know for what I don't/can't do.

I don't want to be known as someone who can't cook.

I don't want to be known as someone who can't swim!

I want to be know for what I can do - which means I've got some learning to do!

The swimming will have to wait a while (I mean it's expensive!), but I'm going to learn to cook. Forgetting the basics (I'm not worried about boiled eggs!) I'm starting on Monday with Gordon Ramsay's Sausage pie!

Just how do you 'sweat off the onions'?! Maybe boiled eggs wouldn't be such a bad idea after all!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

You know what!

One of my faviroute things is taking a stroll down Southbank.

Only because you can look over at the Northbank!

1:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home