casual thoughts and reflections upon life and the Creator whose idea it was in the first place

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Beware the moose!

While in Canada I had to keep training for my impending marathon. Given the hilly nature of where we were this was not something I particularly relished especially as I was unsure as to whether or not I'd be likely to run into any Grizzlies! Yapping dogs were the least of my worries, but it seems my fears were misplaced, it was not the bears I had to look out for, it was the mighty moose!

According to one report I read...

'...on average there are 651 accidents every year involving a moose resulting in 133 injuries and 5 deaths!'
While I can't confirm that any of these incidents involved joggers I wasn't taking any chances - I took heed of my mates advice - 'BEWARE THE MOOSE!'

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

Whats with the Moose!

Trying to take the mickey hey!

2:21 PM

 
Blogger Roz Lynch said...

I think u r confused with mickey moose

5:31 PM

 
Blogger Keeley said...

lol if you are wondering what is going on Nick thomas's nick name is Moose lol. and i haven't got a clue wat roz is on about as per normal lol.

2:31 PM

 
Blogger nick said...

thanks for the explanation keeley. i'm with you - we should let roz get on with her 'own thing'?!

you need to know that when i first typed that comment I mispelt 'thing' with an 'o' instead of an 'i'! something completely different!

12:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home