casual thoughts and reflections upon life and the Creator whose idea it was in the first place

Monday, May 29, 2006

Scotland are off to the World Cup!

It's a sight every Scotsman has been waiting years to see ... Scotland setting off for the World Cup.

Despite failing to qualify, the nation has sent a one-man team left for Germany.
Our brave lads...sorry, lad... faces the slightly tricky task of taking on the might of England. But at least Scotland's name will be represented at the finals for the first time since 1998.

The man carrying the nation's hopes? St. Johnstone and Trinidad and Tobago striker Jason Scotland!

As the Zambian Staff Bandsman at Charlie Chikankata is proud of declaring:

'I only support two teams. Scotland and whoever plays England'.

I would never be so vitriolic - I'll be happy to cheer England all the way to the final. Whether or not I'd actually want them to win it or not?! I can't say!

3 Comments:

Blogger Johnny said...

Nick...is it just me, or do you remember the days when Scotland played England at Wembley in the 70s, and it felt like a Scottish home game... barely ever an English flag in site, and even rarer was a St George's cross. My memory might have gone soft, but I seem to recall them using the Union Jack then? Ah well...I shall be wearing my best Bob Marley t-shirt on Saturday! ;-)

1:55 AM

 
Blogger Charlie Chikankata said...

Give us a T

Give us a R

Give us an I

.......!!!!

At least in Zambia I am spared the endless repeats of the 1966 World Cup Final goals!

9:00 AM

 
Blogger Thomas said...

come on england!!!!!!!!!!

6:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home