casual thoughts and reflections upon life and the Creator whose idea it was in the first place

Monday, June 19, 2006

'The name's Thomas, doubting Thomas'

Some people just won't be told! And it seems that at times, I'm one of them!

A while back we were shopping at an ASDAs that had trolleys which claimed to have immobilisers! Obviously fed up of traipzing miles collecting up their property ASDA had supposedly devised a way of allowing the trolleys to be used within the confines of their car park, and no further - at least that's what they said!

I, being the doubter that I am, was less than convinced and doubted the veracity of the claim. Having vocally shared my disbelief with my wife (who no doubt shook her own head in disbelief...at my disbelief!) I marched off with my trolley before me to unmask this obvious falsehood! Anyone who has attempted to push an ASDA shopping trolley beyond its proscribed limits will know what happened next! Those who haven't - use your imagination!

Today, I was able (once again the hard way!) to verify another oft scoffed at claim. This time, it was 'anti-climb paint'. I mean, have you ever heard of anything so laugable - why wouldn't it dry?! For years I've confidently dismissed these empty threats as I've passed community building allegedly daubed in 'anti-climb paint'. Puh, as if?!

Today, as I waited for Lisa to come out of one of the local schools, as I lazily leaned against the railings enjoying the afternoon sun, contemplating England's chances in their next World Cup encounter - I discovered that, wouldn't you know it, it doesn't dry! If fact it does a very good impression of being very wet! And if you don't belief me - try it! You can even touch the still wet paint on my hands and side!

Seeing is believing!

2 Comments:

Blogger nick said...

If you've seen the state of my electrocuted fingers Lloyd you'll know the answer! But, rest assured I'll go easy on the land mines. Newham maybe rough, but I've yet to 'stumble' upon such items - thankfully!

12:16 PM

 
Blogger Keeley said...

i think this is a funny post nick, why cant you just take things in when you are told them but then i suspose u wont b as funny.

1:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home