casual thoughts and reflections upon life and the Creator whose idea it was in the first place

Sunday, September 17, 2006

32,187 steps later

Twenty miles is a fair way to run and two and a half hours gives you a fair chance to think, listen and observe - especially when you're shuffling around early morning London.

Things I saw... someone sleeping on a bed in the middle of the street, a discarded condom (thankfully these two were not linked?!), and the biggest rat I've ever seen!

Things I heard... Big Ben chime 7am as I turned into Parliament Square, DJ Spoony's last 'Early Doors' club on Radio 1 (a real pity as he's kept me company on most of my long runs), and Ozmosis' awesome track 'Imagine the dreamer' - check it out.

Things I thought... why?! Is this what a heart-attack feels like? I really need to find a toilet - quick!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

This guy in bed on the street! Didn't happen to be Brian Haw did it!!

2:50 AM

 
Blogger nick said...

I'm afraid I didn't stop to introduce myself! the clock was ticking!

3:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home