casual thoughts and reflections upon life and the Creator whose idea it was in the first place

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Fame at last!

As I wandered around delivering Christmas cards to everyone on our estate, wrestling with reluctant letter-boxes and avoiding overly enthusiastic four-legged ‘friends’ one eagle-eyed, junk-mail allergic resident spotted me from his window….

‘No thanks mate, your alright, I’m not interested.’

‘Oh OK, it’s just a Christmas card to wish you a happy Christmas.’

‘Oh right. Oh I recognise you – you’re the local vicar(!) who’s just moved in.’

‘Em yeh, well I’m Nick, but I guess that’s kinda right – call me Nick.’

‘Well Nick, I will have one of your cards after all – Happy Christmas!’

Happy Christmas indeed! I have no idea why or how I was recognised as the ‘local vicar’, but in a bizarre way I was really glad that I was!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home