casual thoughts and reflections upon life and the Creator whose idea it was in the first place

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Typical!


















You wait 20 minutes and then 2 come along at once! Then you have to wait another 20 minutes for the next one!

No, I’m not talking about the proverbial London buses, I’m talking about people willing to give money to support the work of the Salvation Army; I’m talking about Red Shield collecting at a very lethargic Canary Wharf; we’re talking slim pickings.

Still, tomorrow’s another day at the crease!

And so is the day after that!

And…

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Thanks for your Annual Appeal blog. I have posted some guidelines for door to door collecting on my blog.

Kevin Elliott
Liverpool

2:09 PM

 
Blogger Wendy said...

From a fellow Canary Wharf collector to another, I resorted to charging £1 every time someone asked for directions. Improved my takings no end, before I was arrested that is ...

7:48 PM

 
Blogger Laos Athletic said...

My mate Glyn has created a list of collectee species which are though restricted to door to door types. Perhaps you have some new found species from standing collecting that can be added.

http://confessions-of-an-innocent-man.blogspot.com/2006/09/collectee-species-and-how-to-spot-them.html

Jon

5:57 AM

 
Blogger Johnny said...

we did a stretch of road in Croydon yesterday, and scored a big fat zero! Our plan was if we got from a one junction to the next without getting a single coin, we'd give ourselves a prize! ;-))

7:50 AM

 
Blogger nick said...

it may be a little seasonal, but i reckon you could get a pretty interesting blog from annual appeal stories alone!

2:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home